Unlike the free automated SEO audits that tools like Semrush offer, our professional SEO audits utilise a range of the best software initially, but also involve hours (if not days) of expert SEO consultant analysis, sifting through the data to come up with a prioritised SEO strategy. The end result is SEO strategy recommendations that dovetail seamlessly with your business objectives, so that you can implement them immediately.
Feedback from our clients indicates people often find that traditional SEO recommendations conflict with what they want to do on their website.
For example, the SEO consultant may advise to introduce more text, which may interfere with the deliberately uncluttered look and feel of the site.
One of the first steps of our professional SEO audits is to get to know you and your company, so that we can then advise you how to rank at the top of Google without compromising your website’s appearance, navigation, or anything else.
Also, because the primary objective of SEO for many clients is improving website conversions, we don’t just advise on how to get traffic to the website thanks to higher search engine rank position, we also advise on how to get that traffic to convert – elements of CRO (Conversion Rate Optimisation) and UX (User Experience Optimisation) are usually included in our comprehensive SEO audit service.
What A Typical SEO Audit Includes
While we usually tailor the exact contents of our SEO Audit package to suit your needs, a typical audit looks at the following areas to create a sound SEO strategy for the next 12 months and beyond:
- Finding your why
- Your goals, ambitions, sales targets
- SWOT analysis – strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats – including analysing interactions with other industries that influence yours.
- Quick overall summary/intro – a few short paragraphs summarising the most salient report findings for any on your team that need a quick overview without the detail.
- Technical SEO and User Experience Audit – we scan the website with a paid auditing tool and then sift through the results and write a human commentary that pulls out the main points to focus on.
- Notes about the pros and cons of the Website Platform/Theme/CMS/Page Builder, to assess how easily we can work with what you have, and whether or not we need to consider a full rebuild from scratch to make future amends and make SEO more efficient. Hopefully a rebuild isn’t needed, but sometimes this can be the quickest, simplest, and cheapest option to get to where we need to.
- Google Ads/Bing Ads – if you have any PPC campaigns running, these can provide valuable data insights such as what keywords convert the best, which can help inform an effective SEO strategy. While we’re looking at your PPC data, our PPC experts can also provide you free recommendations on how to reduce any wasted spend that we observe, and/or how to improve conversions within the PPC campaigns, adding further value to your audit!
- Social Media Review
- Amazon and Ebay Audit (Where applicable). Not many SEO experts realise this, but your activities on these platforms can have various impacts on your SEO, including creating brand recognition that may generate rank-boosting branded searches for your product or company brand name/s.
- Online Reviews Audit and recommendations.
- Backlinks Audit and recommendations.
- Competitor Research – for 2 main purposes:
- used to see what keywords drive traffic to competitors websites, so as a helpful keyword research tool basically, and
- also see how competitors present their offering – on Google search people typically compare at least 3 of the top ranking results or ads, so it’s important that your website is clear about your USPs and will convert well when compared with other top-ranking competitors websites – so in this instance, we’re using it to improve your Conversion Rate Optimisation
- Keyword Research – using a combination of methods to go really broad and find 1000s of potential search terms to target, but then also we narrow it down to 50-200 really important and relevant keywords, to ensure our SEO is sufficiently focussed, yet also not missing anything significant.
- Content audit and initial/example keyword to content mapping – this would highlight in priority order what content needs changing to boost the SEO of the specific keywords identified, and also what potential new content is needed if there are gaps in the current content, we can’t expect you to rank on Google or get good PPC conversions if there’s not enough information on the website. Key content we would look at includes focussed landing pages, more general product information pages and product category pages, and also helpful/informative blog content.
- Demo Dashboard setup – the keywords identified would be uploaded to a demo tracking dashboard where you can see the current ranking positions, alongside other metrics like traffic on the website, links to the website, and technical health of the website from an SEO perspective. This gives you a snapshot of where you are currently (for us to improve on going forwards), and also gives you a taste of what your online marketing dashboard could look like.
- CRO Audit (CRO = Conversion Rate Optimisation)
- Recommended Actions – this section gives a prioritised plan of action for the coming weeks, giving a clear road map for months 1-3 at least, and also some hints at how the strategy could unfold through the remainder of the year. Due to our process of reviewing progress monthly against goals set, we expect the exact strategy to evolve over time as we examine the data to find ways to meet the goals agreed. Therefore the level of detail contained in our plan would lower for more distant months, however, the finer details would then be filled out as we approach them, as part of our monthly strategy review process.
- 2-Day Market Research (optional extra at £1,490+VAT)
Delivery Timeframe = 2-4 weeks (or for an express fee or £300+VAT we can shorten that to 1-2 weeks if required)
Ready for a SEO audit?
All we need is a few details from you, and we can get started. Please click the BOOK AN AUDIT button and we’ll be in touch to arrange one.
Company Core Values
Taken directly from either our client reviews online, or our customer feedback surveys, the below extracts describe in our customer’s own words what makes UClimb special: